Grey skies and some neon

Posted by

Here is a glimpse of Montreal's forecast for the next week
Sunday: Cloudy, Monday: Isolated showers, Tuesday: Light rain Wednesday: More rain etc..
I need to see some sun or feel some warmth on my face or I'm actually going to shut down (I like to think of myself as being solar powered). As a vacation in the sunny coast of mexico is out the question, (thank you boss and bank account) I need to bring some bright things into my life some other way, through NEON.
A little inspiration from the last sass&bide runway lead to this Super Easy DIY project

All you need

- A big necklace (I chose a giant chunky wooden necklace, but a giant tacky rhinestone prom necklace also looks really good when spray painted neon, but those things are actually quite expensive, who knew?!)
- Fluorescent Spray paint
- Place to spray paint things (kitchen or bedroom is not a good idea, I chose my balcony, which is now fluorescent yellow)


Instructions
- If your necklace is flat, lay it down on a piece of newspaper or if yours is chunky like mine hang it on a clothes hanger and hold it up by the clothes hanger or hang it to some thing.

- Spray paint an even coat just once or twice and let it dry. Turn your necklace over and do the same. Don't spray paint too much at once because the paint will start dripping or pool in certain spots. The paint will also easily come off as soon as it dries.

- Repeat that step until you've reached the desired neon level.

- Leave it outside for DAYS. I wore this necklace as soon as it was dry and the fumes killed too many brain cells and now I type really slowly with two fingers, articulating each word I type out loud. Jk, but it did make me nauseous for an entire afternoon.

Here is how it turned out




check out my new shoes! 





Leave a Reply

About Me

a DIY blog by 23year old Allyssa who loves fashion, creating things and good food. Her projects are inspired by trends, pretty things, or simply because she decided she'd rather make it than pay for it.

Followers

Powered by Blogger.