Frostbites: Summer quinoa salad

Posted by

I came across this wonderfully refreshing salad recipe which is perfect for the summer. I found the recipe here
http://eatingwelllivingthin.wordpress.com/2010/04/26/could-we-get-more-refreshing-and-healthy/

Instead of almonds, I put in toasted walnuts. I also halved the recipe to make 2 servings. I find the best and easiest way to cook quinoa is to cook it in a rice cooker exactly as you would cook rice. Also, make sure to wash the quinoa before cooking to get rid of the bitter taste.


For the dressing








Toss and serve

Leave a Reply

About Me

a DIY blog by 23year old Allyssa who loves fashion, creating things and good food. Her projects are inspired by trends, pretty things, or simply because she decided she'd rather make it than pay for it.

Followers

Powered by Blogger.